DRI Update: 23 January 2000

Serious conflicts have developed with holding the next DRI workshop during either the week of March 6 or March 13. Therefore, we need to consider alternate dates. After making a few checks of availability, I would like to propose the week of April 17, the week of April 24, or, as a backup if conflicts persist, the week of February 21. The workshop would be two (or possibly three days) and would not begin on a Monday to avoid travel on Sunday. Please let me know as soon as possible if you wish to attend but have conflicts with any of these weeks. I would prefer to set the workshop dates in the next few days. (You need not respond if you have already indicated you are coming, and can make any of these dates. I will be requesting confirmations after the final dates are set.)

I have been able to arrange for use of facilities at the Navy base at Bangor for the workshop. I think the meeting area will turn out to be quite acceptable. The recommended hotel will be the WestCoast Silverdale Hotel in Silverdale, close to Bangor. A modest registration fee will be used to cover meals during the workshop. Details will be forthcoming after the dates are set.